2004, the Catalan Triathlon Federation in collaboration with
the excellent L'Ampolla town council (Ajuntament de L'Ampolla),
and with the support of the main regional public sports institutions
has been organizing the IRONCAT sporting event, in long distance
the very first edition, the IRONCAT project has given great
enthusiasm to the Catalan Triathlon Federation, who continues
to pursue its desire to excel both on a personal and on an
organizational level year after year.
two words, Enthusiasm and Excelling would be meaningless without
the most important part of IRONCAT, you, the triathletes.
The personal side of IRONCAT. For this reason we would like
to invite you to participate in the IRONCAT experience, and
spark the Enthusiasm of those who have not yet participated,
and for those who already have, to Excel above your last personal
IRONCAT is an event that strongly encourages those participants
who would not normally opt for this distance to try it out
for the following reasons:
• Location and easy-access.
Price of entry.
Flat terrain of course.
Surroundings of L'Ampolla
town and national park area of Delta del Ebro.
Accommodation and eating out
event takes place in the town of L'Ampolla (Tarragona province)
and around the Delta del Ebro.
1. Start and finish: Av. Mar�tima de L'Ampolla
2. Briffinig and pick up from the Hotel Flamingo de L'Ampolla. Friday, May 12, 2023 from 5 p.m.
at 5pm, and bib collection in Hotel Flamingo. Ronda del Mar,
transition area opens. Location of transition: In front of the
Nautical Club of L'Ampolla.
Swim: 2hrs. Swim + Bike: 10hrs. Swim + bike + 36km of run: 14.15hrs.
time limit: 15hrs.
FCTRI regulations will apply for this type of event.
1. Maximum number of participants: 226 triathletes
2. The responsibility for the technical control of the test is in charge of the Catalan Triathlon Federation.
3. Organizer: L'Ampolla City Council
4. The participants undertake to respect the rules of the competition, comply with the regulations of the Catalan triathlon federation and know the circuit.
5. There will be cut-off time in all three segments. Even if you do not manage to arrive before the cut-off time, you will not be allowed to continue in the test.
3,800 m of travel making 3 laps to a rectangle in the natural port of El Fangar.
Departure and arrival at the Port of the Club N�utico de L'Ampolla.
180 Km. Of route doing 6 laps in a circuit of 30 km.
Drafting not allowed among the participants, to the regulations of the Catalan triathlon federation.
The participant will have liquid and solid refreshments every 15 km, to the two turns that are made in each lap.
9. FOOT RACE
42.2 Km. in mixed asphalt and gravel circuit of 6 laps of 7 Km. The participant will have 2 solid and liquid refreshments per vault.